A student is waiting on a positive role model, like you. You can make a difference in a student’s life.
I would like to invite you to participate in the Coach-A-Kid Enid volunteer mentoring program. Mentors are matched with a student and then they meet with the student 30 minutes, each week, at the school, during the school year.
The Coach-A-Kid Enid Mentoring Program is an new and exciting mentoring program in Enid, Oklahoma. This program is a partnership between the United Way of Enid and Northwest Oklahoma, the Enid Public Schools, and the Enid Metro Commission. Coach-A-Kid Enid is aimed at enriching the student's educational experience. The Coach-A-Kid Enid program provides students with positive role models from the Enid area.
Our Coach-A-Kid Enid mission is to improve academic achievement with a focus on reading and math, to build self-esteem, establish positive relationships, and to help children overcome negative behaviors.
The Goals and Objectives for the Coach-A-Kid Enid Mentoring Program are:
- To improve academic achievement with a focus on reading and math
- To build self-esteem, self-motivation, and self-determination in children
- To provide positive role models for children
- To establish relationships that encourage children to discuss educational concerns with a mentor
- To provide help in overcoming negative and/or destructive behaviors
- To improve classroom participation and academic success of children
I hope you will consider volunteering with the Coach-A-Kid Enid Mentoring Program. To get started, please download and complete this form and return it to Coach-A-Kid:
- Mail - PO Box 5828, Enid, OK 73702
- Fax - (580) 237-0824
If you have additional questions or need more information, you can reach me at (580) 237-0821.
Change a Life! Coach-A-Kid!
The Enid News & Eagle has shared the following stories on the Coach-A-Kid program: