As of August 25th, members of United Way of Enid and Northwest Oklahoma’s Pillar’s Club have raised $108,918 for the 2017-2018 Campaign.
The Pillar’s Club is comprised of donors who contribute $500 or more during the campaign year. With 100 Pillars in attendance, they were honored during the annual Pillar’s Club dinner Tuesday night at Groendyke Lodge.
Dan Schiedel, United Way CEO, commended the Pillar’s Club committee for their exceptional work in coordinating the event. The committee is comprised of Cathy Stocker, Martie Oyler, Mary Stallings, Sandra Robinett with special assistance by Vicki Brown.
Co-Chair Sara Stuber recognized and thanked John and Virginia Groendyke and Greg and Shawn Hodgen for their generosity in hosting the event, along with other sponsors:
- Champlin Exploration
- Enid Pet Hospital
- Field, Trojan, & Harvey, PLLC
- Liberty Federal Savings Bank
- Long, Claypole & Blakley Law, PLC
- NBC Oklahoma
- Pioneer Cellular
- Security National Bank
- Traynor, Long, and Wynne
This year’s campaign theme is: “Live United.” During the 2017-18 Campaign Kick-Off, which will be held on September 8th at Garfield County Court House north lawn and Gazebo from 6pm-10pm, attendees will be greeted by the United Way‘s 15 partner agencies, food trucks, family games, raffles for an autographed OSU and OU football helmets, face painting and more. The event is free to the public.
United Way of Enid and Northwest Oklahoma provides funding to 15 member agencies:
- Booker T. Washington Community Center
- Catholic Charities
- Cimarron Council Boy Scouts
- American Red Cross serving NW Oklahoma
- Community Development Support Association
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Central Oklahoma
- Denny Price Family YMCA
- Human Services Alliance of Greater Enid
- Garfield County Child Advocacy
- Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma, Inc.
- Hedges Regional Speech and Hearing Center
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Enid
- Salvation Army
- YWCA of Enid
- Youth and Family Services of North Central Oklahoma