To impact our community by identifying, prioritizing, and facilitating the meeting of human serve needs.
In support of this mission, United Way of Enid seeks to help increase the organizational capacity of people to care for one another.
Local People Solving Local Problems
- 16 member agencies
- 60 programs serving more than 37,000 people
- Venture grants supporting legal aid services, developmentally disabled job training, drug awareness & prevention, alternative school summer programs, medical supplies co-op, access to healthcare services
- 99% of donations stay local
- Numerous community task forces: Suicide Prevention Task Force, Drug & Alcohol Task Force, Domestic Violence Task Force, Smart Start, Enid Metro Commission, Health Planning Council, Youth Opportunity Task Force, Emergency Assistance Task Force, Christmas Connection, etc.
- First recorded local campaign was conducted in 1934
- All decisions on how United Way of Enid funds are allocated are made by volunteer committees made up of local community members.
- Low administrative costs (Under 12%)
- United Way of Enid & all partner agencies have annual independent fiscal oversight